The Belgian Malinois is an intelligent, active, and loyal breed of dog. It is a medium-sized breed that is often used as a guard dog and police dog. These dogs are very alert and can make excellent watchdogs. They are naturally protective and will alert their owners of anything they detect as a possible threat. The Belgian Malinois is an active breed and needs to have regular exercise and mental stimulation to stay healthy and happy.
Belgian Malinois’s Characteristics
|Scientific Name||Canis lupus familiaris|
|Coat Color||Fawn, Mahogany, and Black|
|Height||2 – 2.2 ft. (Male), 1.8 – 2 ft. (Female)|
|Weight||55 – 66 lbs (Male), 44 – 55 lbs (Female)|
|Lifespan||10 – 14 years|
|Sleep Hours||3 month old puppy 6-10 hours’ sleep at night|
|Bite force||195 PSI|
|Temperament||Very smart and obedient dog|
The weight of a Belgian Maligators varies based on gender but typically ranges between 40 and 80 pounds. But it can go up to around 60-65 pounds (27-29 kg). Male Belgian Maligators typically weigh more than females.
- The Belgian Maligators have a very strong bite, which can be dangerous! approximately 195 PSI. This is higher than the average dog Bite force which is 150 PSI.
- The average lifespan of a Belgian Maligators is between 12 and 14 years.
- These dogs are likely to suffer from several infections and diseases which makes their life short, however, these health problems can be prevented by on-time vaccinations
- The Belgian Malinois is a medium-sized breed of dog, average size of an adult Belgian Maligators is between 22 to 26 inches in height and 40 to 80 pounds in weight.
- Generally, males are bigger measuring around 25 – 26 inches up to shoulders while females are litter shorter and are about 22 – 23 inches tall.
Read Also: Brussels Griffon, Puppy, Rescue, Hair Short & Long, Price for Sale
Belgian Malinois Colours
- The Malinois is typically a solid fawn to mahogany color with a black mask. Some may have a small white patch on the chest, and on the feet.
- The breed comes in a variety of colors, including fawn, mahogany, and black. The coat is short and thick and may have some mixed color patterns.
Black Belgian Malinois
- Malis is a breed of herding dog originating in Belgium. They come in a variety of colors, including black. Black Belgian Malinois are usually fully black, although some of these have white markings on their shoulders and legs.
- They are highly intelligent, loyal, and energetic dogs that make excellent working and family pets.
Dark Belgian Malinois
- Dark Belgian Malis is a type of Belgian beer that is dark in color and has a high alcohol content. It is brewed with various malts, such as dark roasted malts, and typically has a malty, sweet taste with a slight hint of chocolate.
- The beer is typically served in a chalice or goblet and can range from 7-12% ABV.
Belgian Malinois Temperament
- The Belgian Malis is a highly active breed that is loyal, devoted, and protective. They are very alert and make excellent watchdogs, but can also be very friendly and social with people they know.
- They will also need plenty of companionship and attention from their owners.
- Malis are highly trainable, and they excel at obedience, agility, and sports activities. Proper socialization and training are essential to ensure they are well-mannered and well-behaved.
Belgian Malinois Food
- The diet should consist of a combination of wet and dry food and should include protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats.
- Many owners choose to feed their Malinois a raw diet, which consists of raw meats, fruits, and vegetables.
- It is also important to provide plenty of fresh water at all times. Treats can be given in moderation, but should not make up more than 10% of the diet.
Read Also: Dogs Health Issues, Care & Wellness
Belgian Malinois Mix
- The Belgian Malinois Mix is a hybrid breed that is a cross between a Belgian Malis and another purebred dog. This mix can include breeds such as the German Shepherd, Labrador Retriever, Rottweiler, Doberman Pinscher, and more.
- The Belgian Malis Mix will likely have a coat that is short and dense, with colors ranging from black and red to yellow and white. This mix is known for its loyalty, and strong protective instincts, making it an excellent guard dog.
Belgian Malinois Pitbull Mix
- The Belgian Malis Pitbull Mix is a hybrid breed that combines the loyal, protective nature of the Belgian Malinois with the energetic, playful nature of the Pitbull.
- This breed is highly intelligent, very active, and needs plenty of exercises and mental stimulation. With proper socialization, they make great family pets and can serve as excellent guard dogs.
Belgian Malinois Lab Mix
- The Belgian Malis Lab mix is a hybrid dog breed that is a mix of the Belgian Malinois and the Labrador Retriever. They have an eager-to-please attitude, making them easy to train.
- The Malinois Lab mix is known to be a great watchdog and can be a loving companion for children.
- They are usually medium to large in size, with a thick double coat that comes in a variety of colors. The Malinois Lab mix is an excellent choice for a family pet.
Belgian Malinois Husky Mix
- These dogs have a loyal and protective nature, and they are highly intelligent, active, and energetic. They have a thick double coat that can come in a variety of colors and patterns.
- They are often strong-willed and independent and will require plenty of exercises and mental stimulation. They may also be protective of their family, so proper socialization and training are essential.
Belgian Malinois vs German Shepherd
Following are the differences between Belgian Malis and German Shepherds.
- The Malinois is smaller in size and is more active with a high energy level.
- The German Shepherd is larger in size and is often more laid back with a lower energy level.
- The Malinois has a shorter coat and is much more agile, while the German Shepherd has a thicker coat.
- The German Shepherd is more muscular than the Belgian Malis.
- The Belgian Malis is more sensitive, while the German Shepherd is more independent.
Read Also: Different Dog Breeds, Black , Rare, Big, Small, Cutest
Belgian Malinois Attack
- Belgian Malis have a strong drive to please their owners and can be trained to be aggressive and protective in certain situations. If a Belgian Malis perceives a threat, it may respond with an attack.
- For example, if someone enters a home or yard that the dog is guarding, the dog may attack to protect its territory. Aggressive behavior should always be taken seriously, and the dog should be trained and socialized properly to prevent any unwanted behavior.
Belgian Malinois Puppies
- They may be prone to barking and digging, so proper training is essential. Belgian Malinois puppies are usually born with white markings and will require proper socialization and training to ensure they grow into well-mannered adults.
- Belgian Malis puppies can be a great addition to the family for those looking for an intelligent and active companion. With proper training and socialization, they can make wonderful family pets, as well as loyal and hard-working dogs.
Belgian Malinois Price
- The price of an adult Belgian Malis can range from $800 to $3,000, and any other expenses like shipping, registration, and vaccines are not included.
- Depending on the breeder and the dog’s quality, the price of a Belgian Malinois puppy can range from $500 to $1500.
Belgian Malinois Rescue Groups
- Belgian Malis Rescue groups are nonprofit organizations dedicated to rescuing, rehabilitating, and rehoming Belgian Malis in need.
How Much Does Belgian Malinois Cost?
An adult Malinois can cost anywhere from $800 to $3,000 and any additional costs such as vaccinations, shipping, and registration are exclusive.
How Much Is a Belgian Malinois Puppy?
The cost of a Belgian puppy ranges from $500 to $1500, depending on the breeder, and the quality of the puppy.
How Long Do Belgian Malinois Live?
On average, a Belgians Malinois Live for 10 – 14 years. However, their life expectancy may differ as per their health, diet, and geographical regions.
What Is a Belgian Malinois?
A Belgians Malinois is a breed of medium-to-large-sized herding dog that is used as a working dog, especially in police and military roles. The breed originated in Belgium and is closely related to the German Shepherd.
How to Train a Belgian Malinois?
In order to train your Belgians Malinois to establish clear rules and boundaries, positive reinforcement. socialization, and provide mental stimulation and obedience training.